Monday, July 29, 2013

Stuff! It has happened!

So I've wound up renewing my learner's permit yet again (this makes time number three). You know you're behind the ball when the nice lady at the local DMV looks over the counter at you and tells you you should just take the test sooner rather than later. 

Other than that, I've been doing fieldwork and labwork (insert "Yeah, Isobelle, what's new about that?" comment here)--lots of swabbing tiny organisms that strenuously object. And then there's been writing. I've gotten distracted by about three different projects, and all of them are way too much fun. 

And I need to write the weekly book review. Heh, about that... Honestly, we'll be lucky if I manage to write it about something other than the California Driver's Handbook. (Informative but dry. The authors displayed a masterful sense of the pure idiocy of the human species--oops did I just type that?) 

Grumping aside, things have been a lot of fun. I managed to go off and see Pacific Rim and absolutely adored it. It's a smart giant robot movie. Can Del Toro please please please direct the Transformers franchise from here on out? Mako is the best female character I've encountered in mainstream cinema in a long time, and I am fully intending on going to go see it again with my mother as soon as possible. 

Chez Winter has also been the stage for an excellent rotation of houseguests. As the only home with an actual bed available, we've become the popular stopping place for all of our friends coming up to visit during the summer. Much food and delight has been had. 

And with that ridiculously mundane blog post, I take my leave. The writing calls to me. (Mostly calling me a slacker, let's be honest...)

No comments:

Post a Comment