Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer! Finally!

I have emerged from the hell that was finals week--or, more precisely  the last month of the quarter. It could have been worse, as I wound up dropping Statistics out of sheer desperation, but there was still more than enough to keep me running, including the first few chapters of a new novel (I found an excuse to take a writing class) and moving out of the apartment. 

Which happened today and was far from conducive to peace of mind. Enough on that now. I doubt anyone wants to hear about what we found in the back of the fridge. 

Somewhere in there, Fanime happened. It was the first convention I've gone to with a large group of friends, and the results were both delightful (people to hang out with in the hotel room, dances) and disastrous (coordination, hoo boy...).  I shall post pictures as soon as I can get them off various people, as I left my camera in a drawer at home, and the tablet's camera wasn't quite up to the job.

I spent most of my time at Clockwork Alchemy. There, I finally purchased an Author Hat, which I am inordinately fond of. I had a wonderful time, and returned to school in a much better frame of mind for the explosion of excitement that was the ensuing month. 

Fieldwork has also picked up. I need to go in to lab tomorrow to finish processing the samples that we got yesterday. In the meantime, I'm going to appreciate being home with parents and cats and lots of good food... 

1 comment:

  1. I gotta see your hat (Erin btw) Yes, I do want to know what's in the back of your fridge. You're coming up on 21, right? You sound like you're having a lot of fun, despite the craziness. Ah... yes... the self-inflicted chaos. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete